Saturday, November 17, 2012

Radio Active

A part of most contacts I make is checking out the QRZed site for more info on the call, location, station, and interests of the operator. I can't help but notice how many people state "I was inactive for xx years"...

I can understand. Sometimes the demands of family, career, and maybe even your own health make radio take a far back seat. Hey, those things are just more important.

This summer has been a challenge for me. We've been fortunate as a family to travel quite a bit. Bringing along the radio and launching a wire into a nearby tree just doesn't seem to be tops on the family list of "fun things to do".

But hey, I'm proud to say that I still enjoy trying to make a QSO several evenings each week. I especially try to frequent sprints or the occasional contest where I'm most likely to make a contribution to my log.

Some people may not think much of this. I'm reminded of several exchanges during the recent ARRL Sweepstakes contest. Hours into the tst, I'm contacting a station with NR 104, and I'm sending T T 3. There's a silence on the other end, maybe a ?, maybe a TU.

Hey, just proud here to stay Radio Active.

No comments:

Post a Comment