Saturday, December 3, 2016

CW Chat with KB6NU

WX Conditions FN31ot

33 Degrees, Clear, Relative Humidity 50%, Dew Point 20, Barometer 30.16, No Precip
Bloom Sky has announced shipment of the STORM, the second part of my new  BloomSky Weather Station.  This will complete my SKYPRO Kit with a complete ensemble of weather instruments.  Early impression of this new weather station -- VERY impressed.  I'll post a review soon.  


QSO with a Celebrity




I recently answered a CQ from KB6NU on 80 meters.  As we chatted back and forth with the usual exchanges, I realized this was Dan, CW aficionado and author of the NONONSENSE Amateur Radio Study Guides.  Dan has a great and popular ham radio blog.  We had a great CW Ragchew.  Dan has a great fist for conversational telegraphy.  I've enjoyed Dan's commentary on the ICQ Ham Radio Podcast.  It was very nice to meet on the air.    #Reason to tune the bands and answer CQs!  I hope to get my teenager to use his Technician License NONONSENSE Study Guide and re-take his exam.  Thanks for the QSL Card Dan -- classic design!

12/3/16 WESCON NTS local net 2030h EDT

KB1ZBH NCS
W1YSM
K1XFC
N1KHW
KB1UAU
N1DN
K1LYP
KB1NAL 
KC1BXB 
W1YSM
KB1UAU
N1KHW
KC1EER

GREAT net this evening, with much traffic passed locally and through to regional nets!  I have to say WESCON is a great group of radio operators in the greater Hartford area.  Thanks to KB1NMO, Ethyl Net Director and all the NCS.  I'm having lots of fun here, and honing my radio skills.

Love this radio stuff,

73
Phil, N1DN




No comments:

Post a Comment