Sunday, January 21, 2018

NAQP and such

There's a lot going on radio wise this weekend.  I worked the NAQP phone contest a bit.   For my casual contesting approach, the N3FJP suite of contest programs works great.  I was able to easily update to the latest NAQP software and get rig control up and running using shared settings.  I tried to use rig transmit feature of the software, using .wav files to send my call and exchange.  While the software keys my rig (TS590s) the microphone input was active and not the radios sound card.  I suspect this a rig control issue and not an N3FJP software concern.   I ended up working the contesst "live" without problems.   I like the contest because it's designed for low power, 100 watts or less.  However, I can't help but think I was often competing with QRO stations who were 20+ dB over on my S meter.  Maybe folks don't read the rules?

I checked into the Empire Slow net on 3.569 at 1800h local time and got a warm welcome from Anne - much appreciated.  I then had an opportunity to receive some traffic on our local NTS VHF traffic net WESCON.  Thanks to Lee KB1NAL who is very active on VHF packet in our region.

No comments:

Post a Comment