Tuesday, February 20, 2018

A List of National Traffic System Reference Guides


There are some great online references for learning about National Traffic System procedures.  While nothing substitutes for on-the-air experience, these references guides have helped me quite a bit.  They serve as my continuing education in Traffic Handling and as the references for material found here on my blog.

American Radio Relay League (ARRL) NTS Methods and Practices Guidelines
I suspect this is the NTS Bible and it's volumes can be found on the ARRL website.

KV5R has taken the ARRL pages on NTS above and assembled them into an EXCELLENT resource.  This is my "go to guide" on NTS operations. 

"An Instructors Guide to Training Traffic Handlers" by Mark W. Rappaport W2EAG is a very nice digestible resource that is posted on the Hit and Bounce Net Website.    Thanks Mark for this great paper - it's on my reading list.

Radio Relay International has released their RRI Traffic Operations Manual 2017.  This is perhaps the most contemporary resource and it's located on my digital bookshelf.  

No comments:

Post a Comment