Friday, February 23, 2018

Radiogram Message Number

The radiogram message number is the very first part of the Preamble, and is assigned by the station originating the number.   I've noticed that some operators use sequential numbers, and others start from zero every January 1.  I've decided to use sequential numbers, and I'm up to message number 105 after about 16 months of working with traffic nets. 

The message number stays with the message UNCHANGED throughout its course all the way to the point of delivery.   

 Service messages are generated to notify the originating station if a message can not be delivered.  If the message is a service message, then the letters SVC are placed in front of the message number.  I've only heard a SVC message once, and I don't think this is used often today.

No comments:

Post a Comment